Review: NeoStrata's Protective Lotion SPF 45

Hellooooo Bumbles!

Given how my last update is literally three months ago, you can tell the progress of my new year resolution. No judgement k?

Anyhow, it is now April, and even a place like Canada is starting to show signs of spring! With the warm weather approaching, it is time to talk about sun protection! If you are wondering why sunscreen is important, click HERE for a quick video. 

Some Background
Two summers ago I did a review on Cetaphile's Daily Moisturizer SPF 50, and I learned that chemical sunscreens are not for me. I have since then moved on to a different kind of sunscreen known as physical sunscreens.

Just a quick recap, chemical sunscreen often contains ingredients that may irritate the skin. A lot of the ingredients found in chemical sunscreens can sometimes penetrate our bloodstream and even alter our DNA. Not to mention, many of my mass breakouts are also caused by chemical sunscreens! 

Physical sunscreen, on the other hand, acts as a mirror that directly reflects sunlight. The active ingredients are not absorbed by the body, but rather, rests directly on the face. Typically, ingredients for physical sunscreens contains minerals such as Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide. Unlike chemical sunscreens, which are only effective within a certain time limit, physical sunscreens' effectiveness varies based on the exposure to sunlight.

After experiencing irritations, and mass breakouts after using chemical sunscreens, I've finally found the right sunscreen for me! So here we go!

Product
NeoStrata's Protective Lotion SPF 45

Price
I got a 50ml bottle at Shoppers Drug Mart for around $22 when it is on sale. For some reason I can no longer find this in Shoppers, but they are definitely still available online. 

I think the same product is also available at Rexall!


Claims
"The lotion with SPF 45 protects skin from the harmful effects of the sun and provides optima protection against UVA and UVB rays"



Review:
Guys, this is my sunscreen. If they keep on making it, I will continue to buy it. Unless, of course, there is a cheaper alternative. But given my intense search, I have yet to find one! Anyway, I really really like this sunscreen! This physical sunscreen does not break me out, it does not feel oily, and acts as a pretty good base for make up as well.

There is a slight white cast after application, but it's something that can be easily blended away with a little effort. I always put this sunscreen on before I put on my foundation, and it doesn't leave my face feeling oily at all. However, at the end of the day, I always make sure I wipe clean my face before washing my face! I use Garnier's Micellar Water for the first cleanse to ensure that all the makeup and sunscreen has been wiped off before going for my second cleanse!! If you don't take off sunscreen properly it will cause breakouts!!

The consistency of the sunscreen makes it pretty easy to spread around. It's not your typical gooey, sticky sunscreen. Hence, you don't need to put a ton of the product on. A 50ml bottle easily lasts me a whole summer, if not, longer. 




Conclusion
And BABAM. That's a short and quick review on NeoStrata's awesome sunscreen! I love it :3
I already stocked up 3 bottles, boys and girls. Well, I did last year, and now I'm on my last brand new bottle. So y'all can't say I am hoarding :)

Quick Summary
Pros
- Light weight, not oily
- Does not cause breakouts
- Contains good minerals
- A little goes a long way

Cons
- A little pricey tbh
- Can have a slight white cast





Comments