Review: Lancome's Creme Radiance Clarifying Cream-to-Foam Cleanser

Hello everybody! Sorry for the late posts, I think I'm having writer's block. It's been hard to write a post that I am satisfied with. This is my third attempt to write a post that I think I can publish. >.< Please bare with me if I am late for my weekly updates, I will definitely make them up!

Alright, now let's do a review on cleansers! 

Product:
Lancome's Creme Radiance: Clarifying Cream-to-foam Cleanser

What it Claims:
"This gentle cream-to-foam cleanser with antioxidant White lotus and soothing Rose de France penetrates deep into the pores without over-drying to gently remove makeup, even waterproof, dissolve impurities and purify the skin."

Price:
$36 Canadian dollars at Sephora for a 4.2oz (125ml) tube. I have the 2oz (60ml) sample given by my mother. 

Hudson Bay often have promotions where you spend over certain amount (I think it is over $30) and they will give you a gift set with your purchase, and typically a 2oz Creme Radiance is included within the gift set.

Some Background
Okay, there isn't much background to be said about this cleanser. I didn't know about it previously nor have I done any research prior to my usage. I  simply finished all the cleansers I had stocked up on half a year ago. My mom gave this to me when I went back to visit her in Toronto. 

I mean I always knew the brand Lancome, but it is a brand that I always associated with older adults. Perhaps it was because growing up, there was always a special link between Lancome and mothers. My mom and all the mothers I knew pretty much used Lancome and adored the crap out of it. 

In any case, I've only ever used Lancome's makeup products, but never their beauty products because I thought it is a brand that is more suitable for older adults. 

My Review:
You know what I always say, always do your research before committing to a product! The only reason as to why I didn't do research was because I simply didn't know any better back then. Yes, half a year ago is considered "back then". People change ya know? XD 

In any case, I'm glad this product ended up working well on my face in general and didn't break me out. Like the product claims, it is a gentle cleanser that penetrates deep into the skin. But I wouldn't be so quick to agree that it is not over-drying. 

Okay, it's not drying in the sense that it makes my face feels very uncomfortable; instead, it leaves my face feeling just a tad bit tighter if I don't apply moisturizer immediately. But even though my face was left feeling dry, I have to say that my face also felt very clean. I think the best way to describe the overall feeling of drying yet clean sensation would be "squeaky clean". 

Now, squeaky clean could be both a good thing and a bad thing. It really depends on the individual. I imagine this product is more suitable to those that have combination to oily skin instead of normal to dry skin.  

The Application
Just a tiny amount is enough
The cleanser comes in a tube where the lid can be twisted off. It has a light lotus scent that I personally like very much. In terms of usage, I would say a little goes a long way. Just a tiny bit is enough for my entire face after it has been lathered up. This means that the 2oz sample can last for a very long time!

The cleanser lathers up very nicely and allows my hands to glide around my face fairly well. This cleanser can be combined with the Luna Mini as it does not have any exfoliating properties to it. I usually put a lot more of the cleanser on the Luna Mini (click to see review on Luna Mini) to ensure that the it can be glided around my face smoothly. But if I'm only using my hands, I will only use a tiny amount that you can see in the picture. 

In terms of complexion, I have recently received some compliments regarding my skin. Even though I have acne, I was told that my skin is very bright. I'm unsure whether or not it is the work of the Creme Radiance, but I do think this product has some brightening properties. I mean, my face does look very clean and bright after each wash, so there you go. 

Conclusion
I find Lancome's Creme Radiance Clarifying Cream-to-Foam Cleanser to be a very basic cleanser for those that have combination to oily skin, so I didn't think it was necessary to write a very long review about it. To me, this cleanser does a good job in terms of cleansing. In other words, as a cleanser it does what it should do. 

However, I wouldn't consider this product to be mind-blowing. But then again, this product does a perfectly good job at cleaning my face and withholding its claims, it also doesn't break me out. What more could I ask for?

Quick Summary
Pros
- A small amount goes a long way
- Can last a very long time
- Lathers up very nicely
- Do not contain paraben
- Has brightening properties
- Nice scent
- Leaves face feeling very clean 

Cons
- Can leave face feeling feeling dry
- Not mind blowing

Ratings: 4 out of 5 (80%)

Will I Purchase it Again?
Lancome's Creme Radiance is a nice cleanser, but I am not completely in love with it. Perhaps it is because I haven't tried enough cleansers, so I can't tell between what is good and excellent. What I mean is, maybe I will try a bunch of cleansers and end up coming back to this one. But for now, I will continue to try different products. Maybe I will find a cleanser that I like more, if not I will come back to this. Only time will tell, and I would love to share my journey with you all :)

What's your favorite cleanser and why? Let me know in the comment section! :)



Comments

  1. It’s amazing article! Thanks for sharing content and such nice information for me. I hope you will share some more information! Please keep sharing! And please visit haute her tips on doing makeup

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment