Review: Annabelle Skin True Natural Lightweight Makeup

First review of the year!

Product:
Annabelle Skin True Natural Light Weight Makeup

Price:
Can be purchased for $11.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart.
It is usually cheaper when purchased at Wal-Mart

Claims:
Makeup that stays true to your skin
Flawless uniform complexion with high fidelity, sebum control, and is transfer-resistant 
Subtle makeup veil for the ultimate no-makeup feel, seamless blending, and natural delicate matte finish
Soothing antioxidant complex, enriched with vitamins A-C-E, chamomile, green tea and aloe vera extracts 
Helps protect against free radicals and soothes skin 





Some Background:
Would you believe me if I told you I first purchased this foundation for merely $2 dollars at a sales event?? Why did I have the courage to put on a foundation worth 2 dollars is beyond me...but I ended up buying 4 more tubes after the first purchase, at regular price of course. Anyway, now that I am doing this review, I've finally started to reexamine this product and now I have mixed feelings :S You will see why in a bit. 




Review:
I LOVED this product. This foundation does not break me out and gives a medium coverage that fits my skin perfectly. I have a lot of blemishes and acne scars, and this foundation definitely evens out my skin! I've tried the shade "true beige" and "Sun beige", and both of them looks very very natural. I can't remember how many times my friends were surprised that I was even wearing foundation! Every single one of them goes wide eyed and says they couldn't even tell because it looked so natural.

Now, let's talk about the ingredients. I really liked this product not only because it gives such a natural finished look while providing enough coverage, its also got so many yummy ingredients. Can we talk about how this foundation includes vitamin A, C, and E? It also includes green tea and chamomile. They are all well-known ingredients to help calm the skin! 

Okay, now let's talk about the not so good :( Notice how my love for this product is specifically expressed in past tense? Well, it wasn't till I started doing this review that I realized this foundation contains a lot of different types of parabens, 5 to be specific! I guess I was really focusing on all the good ingredients and completely looked over the parabens at the end of the ingredients list. Now I will have to start looking for a new foundation that I can wear daily :(


Trust me, once you finish blending, it will be just like your skin!
Application:
I find that using makeup sponges (not beauty blenders) really gives me that natural look because it blends the foundation very well. I then proceed to set my makeup with powder, and typically I would say the foundation lasts for a good 5-6 hours. It will definitely last longer if you are not an oily mess like me :)


Just a layer of the foundation blended with a makeup sponge
Conclusion
While I have loved this product very very much in the time that I have used it because it contains so many awesome ingredients, I have completely lover looked how many parabens are in this product. I really like the coverage and how naturally the color fits my skin, and I am on my 5th tube. But I definitely will be on the hunt for a new foundation because I just don't feel comfortable wearing this product every single day for long periods of time, specifically, for the rest of my life (I'm a girl who isn't afraid of commitments okay??). 

But honestly, if you don't believe all that crap about how paraben may have adverse effects on health, and it doesn't bother you, I am not here to convince you otherwise! If paraben is not a concern for you, I would say definitely give this foundation a try! (I sure am contradictory aren't I..)

Quick Summary
Pros
- Fits skin perfectly
- Very natural finish
- Light weight
- Buildable medium coverage
- Lasts relatively long

Cons
- Contains paraben

Have you ever found a product you liked very much, but only to find that it disappoints you in ways other than its performance? Let me knowww!

Comments

Post a Comment